RE: Endos "allowing" tweaking (was Re: [IP] Bolus Dummy)

I can't imagine going to an endo who did not feel that way.

Chris Brostrup-Jensen
Father to Brian, age 11, dx'd 6/03, pumping OmniPod since 7/06-------

Funny thing about diabetes is that it should be a self management
disease. My job is to teach patients to take care of themselves in all
aspects. The entire title of what I do is to teach DSMT which is
diabetes self management training. Odly there are many doctors that
still have the "god" complex. My feeling is if you happen to have one of
those doctors, and want more freedom to manage your own disease, I would
suggest finding an MD that allows for this. All should but a lot don't.
I am, lucky I work with 3 that do. Of course being a 20 year diabetic
myself I would not have it any other way.

Jeremy Schmidt RNDE
Diabetic Educator
Advanced Healthcare S.C.
414-352-5161 ext 5286