From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of suzanne watts
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:12 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] carb counting and fiber

Stephen,

 What about foods like sugar free candies that say 30 carbs but claim that
there are only 5 net carbs? There is no fiber in this candy, I guarantee
you! The guy at the candy shop said that the carbs that came from malitol
(sugar alcohols) didn't count towards a carb count but I find that hard to
believe. I am afraid to try any candy because of this.

Suzanne