[IP] CGMS and hydration; key to success?

I had a thought yesterday (yes, they do occur once in a while ;-))  I am
wondering how much hydration, or lack thereof, affects the results of CGMS?
Because the sensors use the interstitial fluid, if you are not well hydrated
I wonder if that would cause less than stellar performance?  Any thoughts
out there from our team of medical experts?   Cynthia