Re: Re: [IP] Bolus Dummy

--- On Wed, 5/14/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> How much freedom do most doctors "allow" in
> tweaking your  numbers?
>  Do most dr's want you to check with them, or does this
> depend on how long
> they've treated you and how sensible you're shown
> yourself to be in the past?
> thanks.....joy

 When I first started pumping I was afraid to make any changes myself. For
months my numbers would often run high, but now I think some of that had to do
with the infusion set I was using (Quick-Sets). I finally started making changes
myself and at first my CDE would be bossy and demand that I change things back,
or make different changes. Now she never says a thing unless she thinks I really
made a mistake.

 She actually said, at a recent appointment, "I wish more of my patients were
like you and knew how to adjust the settings themselves".

 At each appointment, the first thing she does is take my pump and jot down all
of my settings, and then she compares them to the last visit while looking at my
log.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987