Re: [IP] OmniPod size and comments on 2 1/2 years of usage

I can respect what you have to say about the OmniPod, however.. I actually
switched from a Animas 1250 to the Omnipod system and did not find it to be
painless , actually about the same as the Inset, also out of the 4 Pods I
used, 2 failed and as for there customer support and resolving problems, no
comparison to Animas who IMO is the best with regards to support.

Each has there preference when it comes to pumping, I am glad it is working
out well for you and that you are happy.  Being on a traditional pump and
switching over to the POD I felt a sense of insecurity without the tubing.
I know with the infusion set I am getting Insulin delivered into the
bloodstream, I always wondered what the pod was doing.  The other thing that
bothered me about the POD (and this may not be a problem for others) but ..
everytime you throw the POD in the trash , it is a combo of batteries,
copper, gold and plastic, shouldn't they have a recycling program?. also if
a POD should fail, you cannot retrieve all the insulin out of the POD just a
very small portion of it.

I think it no doubt has a future and in a year I may revisit with it but I
think Insulet is going through growing pains and until that is resolved I'll
continue on with Animas. Again it is a personal choice for each pumper and
thankfully in this day and age, we have a wide selection of pumps we can
choose from.