Re: [IP] Bolus Dummy

>  If I had just unconsciously been pressing buttons at that point, I would
> have been in real trouble.

This is exactly why I still use the old technology of the 50X series MM
pumps - clicks and slow delivery. Those clicks saved me once when I had
unconsciously pressed buttons to stop/suspend my pump during a low. As I
stumbled down the hallway to get to the fridge, I heard
click...click...click... etc. Nineteen clicks! That was 1.9u of insulin I
was infusing. I believe I had programmed 10 units! Had I not heard the
clicks and it being slow (4 secs. between) I do not believe I'd be here
writing this post. I had plenty of time to stop that infusion before it
reached 10 units. Even if it had been slow delivery as some pumps are able
to still do, I would not have heard it being delivered without those clicks!

When my head was finally screwed on straight, I realized I keep a bag of
candy on the headboard of the bed. No need to even get to the fridge!

I have warned many pumpers to not suspend. During a low Lantus/Levimir
cannot be sucked out of the system. Leave that basal running! To truly be
effective, you need to stop the delivery 2 hours before the low happens.
<gr> My brain had such a lack of glucose that I was not thinking right!  I
do not know what my BG was/is  when I am that low and lack of sight as well,
I don't bother to test - just TREAT NOW and get out of it. I may live
longer. YMMV ;-)

Jan & Muskers- T-1  http://maxpages.com/bludasue  -
http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  - http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
(evolution of pumps)