Re: [IP] Confessions of a pump murderer

I don't think that it's you... I wonder if pump companies are less
careful about how well the pumps are built. I have had a Cozmo for 3
years and (knock on wood) never sent it back. Does where you live have
an effect on how often the pump malfunctions? Smiths Medical is about 5
miles up the road from me so I could just turn up at their door. If, on
the other hand you have to take many steps to send it back and it takes
3 days each way, Murphy's just got to have a hand in it.

The repair tech from Smiths was shopping in Target one day and he asked
how I liked my pump. He warned me that if a Cozmo gets dropped and lands
exactly the wrong way, "it's toast."  Ever since, I've made sure to use
the short infusion sets...because there's fewer contacts with the floor
that way. Denise Bricher St. Paul, Minnesota