[IP] OmniPod size and comments on 2 1/2 years of usage

 I've been on the OmniPod for as long as anybody, over 2 1/2 years. I find all
the comments as to size are humerous since everyone seems to compare it to the
infusion set and not the infusion set, tubing and pump itself which you need to
wear when you use a conventional pump. In fact the volume of the OmniPod is
about 1/3 that of the combined volume of the pump, tubing and infusion set. The
OmniPod painlessly auto inserts, perfectly every time.Ther pod autoprimes. The
sites wiggle less and cause much less site irriiitation. The Pods are totally
water proof, even in a hot tub. The PDM is super easy to use. Much easier than
my MM 715. It contains much more data than most pumps and displays averages and
graphs of BG's and many other things. The pod wastes much less insulin as you
loose none to tubing length and priming. The pod does not appear to be a medical
device like a conventional pump. I wear my almosy 100 % on the back of my arms
and usually need to feel around to find out where it is. It does IOB just fine
and I can't think of anything that a conventional pump does that the OmniPod
doesn't. I would neve go back to a conventional old school pump. With the
OmniPod for the first time in 53 years of being a diabetic including 9 years on
MM pumps I feel non diabetic. All the other pumps make me feel that I am hooked
up to a device that appears to belong in the hospital.

 When I was give the chance to be the first non Insulet person on the OmniPod I
jumped on it even though I had many reservations. I have had no regrets.

 BTW given the choice of CGMS or the OmniPod the OmniPod winds hands down.
Anyway should I decide to use it the OmniPod will have CGMS later this year.

If you have any questions  any questions please feel free to email me.

Andy