RE: [IP] carb counting and fiber

Hi Elisa,

 > if there is fiber in something do you
 > take the fiber carb grams off of what
 > you are counitng.

I agree with Kathy, generally. Fibre comes in two kinds: soluble
and insoluble. Soluble leaves behind some sort of slime, which is
why we want it, but most of it is a slow-absorbing carb.

Insoluble fibre is not digested at all and can be subtracted from
the overall carb count, but unless you eat pure oat bran by the
bowlful, you will rarely encounter enough insoluble fibre to make
much of a difference.

Cheers,
Felix.