[IP] Omnipod, once again

I9ve seen mention several times about a free Omnipod trial.
But in calling them today, they say there is NO FREE trial. You have to go
through all the standard insurance stuff to get your doctor to approve the
pod, pay for it (or have insurance pay for it) and then get reimbursed
within 45 days of delivery if you don9t like it.

My Animas expires this month. I was considering trying the pod but don9t
want to pay anything upfront. Even if I received a refund on the PDM you
still have to buy a box of 10 pods which aren9t returnable if opened.

I tried every way I could think of to nudge the woman on the phone to get a
trainer contact to see if they could help. No luck. Without knowing how it
feels/wears upon insertion and how the PDM works, I can9t imagine deciding
to give it a go. All the other pump companies give you a trial period; I
think Omnipod will eventually but it won9t help me this round. I absolutely
love my Animas though so I guess my decision is made.

Just out of curiosity though, how are folks getting the free trial I keep
hearing about?

Valerie
http://www.valerieadamsglass.com