RE: [IP] U-500 Insulin

Frank wrote:

<<I was using Humalog and using more insulin then above, after switching
to Novalog is when I did the above. YMMV but mine decreased by 10%
between the two insulins.

Based on your stated  usage of 7 vial or 7000u a month that equates to
233u a day. Which if you have the 300u reservoir means your refilling
every other day. I understand why your Dr would want to get you into a
more potent Insulin like U-500.

As Felix said though, it is a regular insulin. Which means it is in your
system longer (up to 8 hrs), and takes longer to act on your incoming
Carbs or high BS, which is completely unlike Humalog or Novalog. With
the u-500 you could put yourself into a low state accidentally if you
went with a 20 - 30 u bolus as you currently do.>>

I will keep these things you have said in mind.  I've got my d-team in the
loop to try and improve my insulin sensitivity, or at least try and maintain
my current level.
Thanks - Dick