Re: [IP] GRRRRRRRR medical office lack of knowledge

Judy wrote:
<snip>
>...she still believes I can get off insulin.

I've seen posts regulary about getting off insulin. I wonder, what's the big
deal about being on insulin? It is not a punishment for being a "bad
diabetic", although if you listen to the language that our physicians and
the public use, that's what you can be led to think. It is a viable
treatment to help those with diabetes, which is often difficult to manage,
to help it to be controlled better, and hopefully avoid the myriad of
complications. Just because it is administered through syringe or a pump,
doesn't make it a bad thing. It actually can be a life saver for many, and
doesn't necessarily mean that it is anyone's fault. Perhaps we should engage
in some discussion and education of those of us around us who have that
misconception.

When we talk about one day "getting off insulin" it almost sounds like we
are talking about getting off crack, or something like that.

Jamie