RE: [IP] U-500 Insulin

>In relation to Felix's comments, if you are at a ratio of 15:1 and will go
>to about 75:1, how will you manage that?  As an example, at mealtimes with a
>carb intake of say 60 carbs, even 1 unit of insulin would be a challenge to
>bolus.

My c/i ratio is normally 100:1 and basal less than 1 U per hour (with
U-100) and while I have considered an Animus pump for this reason, I
have no trouble with meal boluses.  10 g carb is no problem--all
pumps deliver .1 unit.  (But no wonder I had a problem with syringes
and stability is sometimes off!)  I do pretty well confine small
snacks to keeping me normal when I exercise.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska