Re: [IP] A mixed bag: my take on MM CGMS

Maybe we should all invest in a few CGMS units and pass them around every
couple months to make sure we're on top of things!

One you insert a sensor you want to get as much time out of it as possible
since they're expensive. Dexcom 7s are $60 each. I was getting about 12 days
from one. But you have to buy them in packs of 4 and they only have a 4
month shelf life. I've been told Dexcom will replace any expired sensor,
though. They're also great about replacing a sensor that doesn't last 7 days
or doesn't insert or feel right.

Dexcom ran a special for the month of March where the sensor, 4 sites and
receiver (in other words, the complete start-up pack) which works with any
glucose meter, was $500. Seems to me you could always nudge them to give a
better price now that they have more competition.

Valerie
http://www.valerieadamsglass.com