RE: [IP] U-500 Insulin

Ref:
<<Why would that be a problem? One of the benefits of pumping is being able
to dose in very small amounts. A meal with 60g of carbs would be a .8u
bolus. A snack of 15 would be .2 units.

I'm wondering how much insulin the original poster is using. With a 1:15
ratio,
doesn't sound like he's got insulin resistance problems. Unless he needs
major
basal coverage or eats 2,000g of carbs a day I'm not sure where all of the
insulin is going.>>

Liz,
My apologies.
I'm so used to high doses that it's hard for my old brain to get back to
reality.  I bolus at 4:1 (3:1 at breakfast) and correct at 10:1 - basil
around 2.0.  I'm in process, with my D-team, to get to some of my issues of
insulin resistance problems.
As to where the insulin is going, I know that, for myself, if I bolus 20-30
units 2 or 3 times a day,  my site won't absorb it all.  Thanks to this IP
group, I found out what a square/dual wave was all about-I never knew.  It's
made a world of difference in my control.
Dick