[IP] DUPUYTREN'S CONTRACTURE

Yes, Deb, my friend in KY, I do have Dupuytren's and it hasn't bothered me at
all.   The only bad thing was when my doctor tried to treat it with a simple
operation that made me drop him as a surgeon.   The scar looked like he
 operated on the wrong finger. Dupuytren's might be the least offensive of the
things that come with diabetes.   (Well, I guess my hearing loss isn't too bad
 either.) Dupuytren's might have even helped my bowling. Because my pinkie on
my right hand and the finger next to it are severely turned down I might have
a better hook in bowling.   I do have to tuck the pinkie under when I bowl.
It never bothered my grip on a golf club. One of the bad things is you can't
pat someone on the back without those fingers actually hitting the person's
back.   When I looked it up it did say that it was common for folks of
 Scottish-Irish descent. President Reagan had Dupuytren's and did have the
operation and
it was a success.   I have an Irish friend who has it and he is not diabetic.
 Who knows?
Jim Durr
Lisbon, NY