Re: [IP] now t1 vs t2/overweight Type 1

--- On Fri, 5/9/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  My experience really mirrored Liz... except my doc called
> from his office and
> had me admitted - so I only made a brief stop at admissions
> - not the Er - and I
> was in an intermediate care bed
> with 3 IV's runnning (insulin, saline, & potassium)
> and on a heart monitor.

 I also had the 3 IVs but have no idea what was in them, and a heart monitor.
The worst part is I was still very thirsty but I wasn't allowed to take
anything, including fluids, by mouth. I wasn't allowed to eat anything at all
for 4 days but I had no appetite anyway. I was in there for a week (Monday to
Monday) and all of the information I got was a blur.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987