Re: [IP] A mixed bag: my take on MM CGMS

>I know Felix, and maybe I am looking for a panacea (or a pancreas...lol).  I
>admit that, for the most part, the thing is showing trends.  But after a few
>months I would think that maybe I have enough understanding of trends to not
>be so interested in using it anymore.  Of course trends change.  I do like
>it, but it really is a high maintenance tool...and I am a very low
>maintenance gal ;-)   Cynthia

Cynthia
I'm with you re the CGMS being a bit too much to add to my already complex
diabetes and complications care.   After too many nights being awakened by
false high alarms I have decided not to use the sensors every day, but to
concentrate on proper CHO counting and timing of boluses (I have to bolus 20
minutes before breakfast or I go sky high post meal test and I need a dual
bolus for dinner to avoid crashing followed by a high bg later in the evening.
Now that I know that, I will use the CGMS one week out of every month and that
should be plenty. to follow any changing trend.

I originally got the CGMS because of hypoglycemia unawareness, but I never
woke up when the low glucose alarm went off appropriately.  My two cats did
jump on it though when it started to vibrate, but now they wake me up when I
am low even without the sensor.  I'll keep the cats and semi retire the
sensors!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 53 years