Re: [IP] A mixed bag: my take on MM CGMS

I could've written this post verbatim. I returned my CGM last week.

I wore my Dexcom 7 for a little over three weeks. When my husband commented
to me at 1:30 am, "that thing has made your life a living hell" I realized
how right he was. I work hard for my aggressive control and I wouldn't have
it any other way. But I was working triple time to keep up with the damn
Dex.

Like Cynthia, I was pricking my fingers even more to see how accurate the
CGM was (it was accurate around 70% of the time but when it was off, it was
off so far that it was ridiculous). What's the point if I can't dose based
on its numbers?

Alarms when it shouldn't, none when it should. Plus, the thing was just too
bulky to comfortably wear. I'd go for walks with my pump, my CGM, my iPhone,
my glucose tube, my meter and my iPod and just feel like a walking hardware
store.

I explained all this to Dexcom and told them I'll wait until the technology
improves a bit and insurance is covering it. They replied that more
insurance companies are picking it up everyday, and that they are working on
the size of the receiver. Accuracy is another area they're supposedly always
tweaking.

I was able to sell my sensors at near cost, and got a full refund on the
receiver so the entire experiment cost me about $200. Definitely a love/hate
relationship.

Valerie
http://www.valerieadamsglass.com