RE: [IP] now t1 vs t2

At 11:53 AM 5/9/2008, Valerie Adams wrote:
>I wish that standard physicals included a glucose check. Maybe they do now
>in light of how many type 2s aren't diagnosed in time to keep them
>complication free.

Standard physicals do include a glucose check now.   Funny story, I
had started seeing a new PC doctor.  She did the standard lab work
for a physical.  At my second visit she remarked, "Well you don't
have to worry about getting diabetes, your fasting bg was 89."  This
was after I had told her at my previous visit that I was a long-term
Type1 on an insulin pump.  After many other misdiagnosis and other
mishaps with this particular doctor's office, needless to say, I no
longer go there.

RoseLea