Re: [IP] medical office lack of knowledge

It's fashionable to say that "type 1 is autoimmune" but they actually
still do not know this to be completely true.
We need to remember that there are multiple causes of type 1 as well.
There are several places along the insulin "production and distribution"
line that can break. For instance studies on people with T1 who have
died, showed that the pancreas was chock full of insulin but for some
reason the mechanism that told it to release into the blood stream
failed. So it's not always autoimmune. In laboratories when the
scientists want to do tests on T1 rats  they create the T1 diabetes by
poisoning the rats. Research is now showing that people use substances
that cause diabetes. Tryptophan for one is now getting labeled as
"causing diabetes". Even though it is perceived as a "harmless amino
acid" too much of it without the substances that are used to metabolize
it, does cause diabetes.  There are drugs that also cause diabetes too
and they are now being labeled as such.