Re: [IP] ISIG numbers

From: Angela Cleversy <email @ redacted>

> I was told not to worry about the Isig number on my sensor scene? Is that
 > wrong? Mine is alot higher than 3 or 4. My readings are close on my meter and
> sensor when I check through the day. Thanks for any help I can get.
> Warmest Regards,
> Angela Cleversy

Hello Angela,

 I agree that you do not need to worry about the Isig value - much. If you take
your BG (from your meter) and divide it by your Isig value, the quotient should
be between 1.5 and 20, otherwise you'll likely get a calibration error. If your
BG's and SG's are close, you must be doing a lot of things right. You need to
start worrying about the Isig when 1) your BGs have been running consistently
high 2) when you have had the sensor in for quite a while (maybe over a week) 3)
if you try to calibrate when your BG is low and your Isig value is high.

 Also, the Isig is critical if you run the test on the transmitter. I don't
remember what the manual says, but there is a very narrow range that the Isig
should be when you do the test.

 Once again, if your calibration factor (BG / Isig) runs 8-12, everything should
be hunky-dory. You don't need to worry about it very much, just check it
occasionally. It sure sounds like you are doing well. If you poke around on
message boards enough, you will find a lot of knowledgeable folks and a bunch of
tips for your CGMS.

Take care,
Tom

--