[IP] RE: Need Info on Omni Pod

Hi Susan,

My 11-year-old son has been using the OmniPod system for a couple years
now.  He is very satisfied with it (as are my wife and I).  I'm not sure
what info will help you - feel free to ask specific questions if I don't
address something that is on your mind.

Pros - No tubing.  Regardless of what he is wearing or doing, we can
slap a pod on one of his preferred sites (upper arms or butt usually -
no abdominal fat on him yet!) and he is good to go.  It is also pretty
"invisible", although this isn't a concern of his (yet, anyway).  The
handheld PDM control unit is easy to use and quite compact.  Adjustable
to 0.05 units, has the IOB feature (with adjustable insulin action
time).  Stores data up to 90 days.  Insertion is automatic and
essentially foolproof.  Excellent tech/customer assistance in our
experience.

Cons - Lacks the ability to be detached for especially rough activity.
If it gets knocked off, you need a whole new pod.  Pods are still a bit
"glitchy" occasionally, with a higher failure rate than one would
prefer.  The PDM can be a little fragile in the hands of an active
pre-teen.

Hey, there's a start.  Let me know what else would help you.

Chris