Re: [IP] now t1 vs t2

Hi Joy, I think that there are so many issues about this disease, no matter
if you are a type I or II.  I was diagnosed at 40 years old. Initially they
tried to control me with pills but they clearly had no effect so on
to insulin I went within a month.  Why I got it so late I don't know.  I
think my immune system is a bit messed up and that is the cause and I am
also Turner's XY which can be an underlying issue.  But, while type Is and
IIs have a lot in common, they have a lot of differences.  I think that the
current trend of TV making it seem like if you eat better and exercise you
will be great and cured is so misleading; no matter what type of diabetic
you are.  I have had people look at me and say "how can you be diabetic, you
aren't fat".  Now, how horrible and biased is that kind of statement!  There
is so much mis-information out there that I get really frustrated.  Even
within our own community!  I just have to keep trying to be an embassador
and educate whenever I can, even if it means saying the same thing over and
over (often to the same people <sigh>).  Cynthia