[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V10 #889

[
Hi Susan.  I am in the process of trying it myself.  The pros that I see
are:
1.  No tubing
2.  Automatic insertion - I have had a lot of problems with the quickset on
insertion and really don't like the SIL - the Omnipod goes in at an angle
but it is a smaller and thinner cannula.  Since it is automatic, it prevents
a lot of user error and also opens up a lot of new sites.
3.  Waterproof - I usually take my pump off for showering, swimming etc but
it is not necessary with the Omnipod.
4.  Food Diary - It has a basic food diary to get carbs etc.

Although there are some differences, I really don't see many cons.  It
doesn't have the easy bolus and there is an extra step to add the basals in
from my minimed pump but I don't see those as cons.

I know that you can try it for up to 45 days to see if you like it at no
cost.  Although the PDM seems a bit larger, it is used to test your
bloodsugar as well, so you don't need to carry a meter around.

Cheryl