[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V10 #889

>  Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 01:56:47 -0400
>  From: "Joy L Wright" <email @ redacted>
>  Subject: RE: [IP] now t1 vs t2
<snip>
>  One final point: in t1, say someone is diagnosed at age 7 or perhaps 11 or
>  even 23. Who's to say they weren't young t2s? Do you always know for sure
>  there is an autoimmune problem? I mean, there's no proof on me, must be
>  millions more like me in the world? And with the so-called stigma of
>  t2,....you get my point?.....joy

This one was easy for me:

I was diagnosed at 16. Everything was fine with me up until this time.
Thin, athletic, no health problems. One day I got very sick, and a few
days later I was REALLY sick. I lost about 40lbs (150lbs ->110lbs) in
this time and realized something was very wrong. When I made it to the
Dr's office, they know instantly I had the big D, check my blood sugar
and the meter read HIGH.

My knowledge of T2's is that their body still produces *some* insulin,
my T1 body produces NO insulin.
If you're at this point, congrats, you're now part of the T1 clique.
This may be good news or bad news, however you want to look at it.
Either way, you still have diabetes.

-Jef