Re: [IP] medical office lack of knowledge

No.  Type 2 does not progress to Type 1. The two diseases are
differentiated by their aetiology (how they began). Type  1 is caused by an
autoimmune reaction.   Type 2 is caused by insulin resistance (I think,
actually, we don't know much about the cause of Type 2).  While many Type
2s may, over time, lose the ability to produce insulin, this does not make
them Type 1s as their diabetes was not caused by an autoimmune reaction.