Re: [IP] medical office lack of knowledge

Thank you Jamie,  Your post put a smile on my face
  Oliver

Jamie <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Many years ago, while the low-carb way was still new and in the news, I
approached my doctor about trying Humalog, and reducing the carbs based on some
research I had done (I was still doing regular/NPH). He proclaimed that, under
no uncertain terms, if I reduced carbs, that with all the fat I would obviously
be consuming instead, that I would have a heart attack or end up on dialysis
(note that I did not have any other health issues going on). I offered to
provide him with more information on what I would be doing, and he told me he
didn't have time for that. At that moment, I no longer considered him to be my
doctor, and moved on.

Jamie
..