[IP] Pump Support Boca Raton - May 8, 2008 - Thursday 7:00 p.m.

>From Dr. Wendy Satin  Rapaport
THE DIABETES RESEARCH  INSTITUTE
University of Miami  Medical  School
Invites you to the
INSULIN PUMP SUPPORT  GROUPb&
FOR PUMPERS AND WOULD-BE PUMPERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Time: 7:00 p.m. THURSDAY May 8,2008
Place: Whitehall  Nursing Home, Boca Raton
7300  Del Prado Cir S
Boca Raton, FL 33433
(561) 392-3000
_Get directions_
(http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&um=1&cid=0,0,7427877786013384568&
fb=1&dq=whitehall+nursing+home+loc:+Boca+Raton,+FL&daddr=7300+
Del+Prado+Cir+S,+Boca+Raton,+FL+33433&geocode=12030062112058273283,26.350418,
-
80.158220&ll=26.350418,-80.158220&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A&f=d&sa=X&oi=local_r
sult&resnum=1&ct=directions-to)
Last group of the seasonb&I thinkb&(at least  one that I am leading)b&
sigh..separation anxiety strikes again!
Here is a weight loss tip from the  French..we know they beat us out on
that..(Hey the whole world is bgainingb on  us..).They rely on
binternalb
cues..such as knowing when they are full-  to stop eating rather than
bexternalb
cues..like when all the food is gone from  the table or the TV show being
watched
is over. (And by the way, eating should  not be paired with watching TV if
you want to get the maximum pleasure from  eating..)
Remember that memory erosion that comes with aging,  occurring in the
prefrontal cortex that controls the executive function..skills  like
multitasking and
focus can improve through physical exercise (30minutes,  three times a week,
of cardiovascular exercise) by increasing blood flow and the  availability of
oxygen and glucose to your brain cells...
Nag, nag nag. No, hopefully that is not what this feels like.  We all need
stimulation to keep us on track..or in some cases, get us started.  Keep
talking.
Looking forward to seeing you. I , Dr. Wendy Satin Rapaport,  will be leading
the group and you can reach me at 561-477-8595.

favorites at AOL Food.