[IP] RE: How Does Your Physician Write Your Insulin Prescriptions?

Thanks to all who responded. I was able to get 3 bottles at a time for about
one year until my BCBS insurance plan switched to a different company to
process prescription claims.

Right now my script just says  : Inject up to 70 units daily.

I'll get the next script to say:   Use up to 100 units daily via insulin
pump as directed to manage blood sugar control for insulin dependent
diabetes --------  Dispense 3000 units per month:     and see if that will
go through and get approved

The way my pharmacy plan works is that my local pharmacy submits the info to
the unit that processes prescription claims for BCBS, and then either the
prescription gets rejected, or it gets approved for the amount of medication
to use, and comes back with how much to charge (cost) for the prescription,
and how much money my co-pay will be.

Regards,
Chris
pumping since Fall 2005
diabetes for about 28 years since 8 and1/2 years old.