[IP] One more disease: thanks diabetes

Well, went in today to schedule surgery for my 3rd (or maybe 4th) trigger
finger and lo and behold, my doctor told me that I have Dupuytren's
disease!  Well, I had never heard of this one.  Apparently it is a condition
that causes thickening and a kind of "ropey" series of nerve bundles on the
palm and can eventually cause your hands to permanently clench together and
not completely straighten out.  Wow, i had not head of that one and am
feeling pretty devastated as I am a guitarist and have this vision of
limited time to be able to play my instrument.  I looked it up on trusty
WebMD and it says that diabetes can be a cause.  It also says that I may not
have any major issues with it. So far it is not causing any trouble but the
hand doctor told me that my surgery may aggravate it to become more
intense.  Have any of you heard of this disease?  Ronald Regan had it.  I
guess in his old age you could tell when he waved as his hand remained
somewhat clenched.  Kind of a bummer.  cynthia