Re: [IP] Question for the group about choosing a pump....

At 08:05 PM 5/6/2008, Liz Davis wrote:
>Suzanne,
>
>You should get the pump that you like best, as you will be the one
>using it.  Animas may be newer to the market than MiniMed but I
>don't think that should be a concern as both the company and their
>pumps have excellent track records.  I know many people who love
>their Animas pumps.
>
>I use a MiniMed because that's the one I'm most comfortable with,
>but you will be the one using your pump.  Get the one YOU like best.
>
>Liz

And a note to add to what Liz said.  Sometimes you may be able to
"test drive" a pump.  If not with insulin, then with saline.  I know
I did that with my first pump, mostly just to be sure that I could
live with it attached to me all the time.  Check with your doctor and
maybe the pump rep to see if a "test drive" is possible.

RoseLea