RE: [IP] How Does Your Physician Write Your Insulin Prescriptions?

> They are saying the contract is for no more than 30 day supply. 2400
> is what the Doc prescribes for 30 days.  The pharmacy will fill that
> prescription with 2 ea 1000 unit vials, since that is all the
> insurance co. will pay them for. Then I have to go and refill at
> approximately 25 days and pay another copay for 2 more Vials. They are
> not limiting me. I can get what the doc prescribes me. It will cast me
> more per year in co-pays.

Actually, they per contract, they must give you AT LEAST a 30 day
supply. If the vials are 1000 units and 2 is not enough, then they
have to give you three. That's an argument that is easy to win, just
time consuming. If they give you a hard time, complain to the state
insurance comissioners office.

Michael