-- On Tue, 5/6/08, Brostrup-Jensen, C. Christian

> Does your pump allow you to set the duration of insulin
> action?  My son,
> Brian, had the same issue for a while, but when we
> shortened the insulin
> action duration the problem disappeared rather nicely.
> From what you
> describe, I think this would work for you as well, if you
> wanted.

 My pump does allow me to change the duration, in hourly increments. I have it
set to 4 hours now. When I had it set to 3, I'd often end up with lows. I really
wish they were more flexible with the settings! I don't override the Bolus
Wizard every time. If the suggested correction is less than my IOB, I usually
won't bolus. It's when he numbers are exactly even that I know I'll run into
trouble, so I'll bolus something. If the Wizard computes a .6u correction and
shows I have .6u IOB, it will suggest a zero bolus, but I might bolus .3 units.
It also depends on what I ate and what my plans are. If I'm just sitting on my
butt watching TV, I might correct more.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987