[IP] How Does Your Physician Write Your Insulin Prescriptions?

 I have run into this same problem. I was getting 3 bottles a month and would
refill every six weeks or so - basically when I had started the third bottle.
Well I was leaving town on a family emergency first thing in January and went to
pick up my script and got only 2 bottles. The pharmacy said they had been
audited by the insurance and was only allowed 2 - (and strangly the price was
still the same for 2 as for 3 - and since I am supposed to pay 1/3 of cost I
find that really weird). anyway.. I just plain haven't had time to deal with
getting a new scrpit from my doc (don't see her till July and she is only here
on Thursdays). Pharmacist said to have her write it for 90-100 units a day -
rather than "as needed".

 I have barely made it.. there has been a couple of afternoons I have sat here
in my office with my pump empty and stopped beeping as my Bg's creep into nasty
ranges as I am waiting for the prescription to be approved and filled. This is
nuts. Anyway.. that is my sad tale. I also am having to get all my prescriptions
rewritten to 90 days so I can switch to the mail order - other than the insulin
- which also pisses me off.

Linda & Dax