Re: [IP] What is "Correction"?

--- On Mon, 5/5/08, Wyldceltic1 <email @ redacted> wrote:

> That half unit would be delivered if you told it to by
> pressing ACT.
>
> Then it would tell you to set a Check BG reminder: *I* set
> mine for an
> hour or half hour if correctng.

 But he said the pump was recommending NO bolus, which means he still had
insulin on board (to cover a high BG), even though the Wizard came up with that
.5u number. The Wizard will always show what a correction *should* be even when
it recommends that you don't take any correction at all. I can pretty much tell,
based on my 2 hour number, if I should ignore the Wizard or not. When the
Wizard's suggested correction is exactly equal to my IOB (and that happens all
the time) I know I'll have to correct anyway, so I override the Wizard and give
myself (usually) 1/2 of the correction.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987