[IP] How Does Your Physician Write Your Insulin Prescriptions?

Hi,

I was wondering

How Does Your Physician Write Your Insulin Prescriptions?

BCBS here in Illinois requires the pharmacy to submit how much insulin is
expected to be used in one month because BCBS will only pay for 30 days
worth.

I was thinking of something like: >>      Use up to 80 units daily via
insulin pump   >>> as directions for the prescription.  I would think
directions as such would enable me to get 3 bottles of Humalog at one time
per month instead of just two bottles per month.

I just scrape by with two bottles a month, but three dispensed at one time
would make me more comfortable.

Thanks,

Chris