Re: [IP] Question for Brad

I think what Brad was referring to was the organization of the site and
the use of old tools. I think Michael did a very good job with the
resources he had at the time.  I don't know if anyone was arguing about
the personal commitment that Michael has had over the years and the
hours and resources and his own energy that he's used to create and
maintain the site. I too have been very frustrated in the past at the
lack of standard navigation, organization  and a difficult search
function, etc.  I don't use the site unless I really really have to.
It's possible that if the site were updated... maybe foundations and big
companies would take it more seriously and want to contribute money.
I've seen that happen before.

The site is old and maybe Michael would be open to the idea of
reorganizing it. I'm a web developer and it's sort of like if you were a
shoemaker and you saw someone with ripped shoes you look at them and say
"I could fix that"... it's just a matter of different peoples'
perspective I think. Maintaining a web site is not really all that
difficult and the newer tools are *so* much better than the older ones
and there are new web hosting companies  who offer just about everything
you could want in interaction, forums, databases, etc.. and Brad's
right, for about $100 a year you can be hosted... granted, IP would need
more space and so it might be more than 100 but not that much more. He
could even keep his old site as a data base site or archive and have a
new site hosted somewhere and click back and forth between the two. It
would be transparent to the user.