RE: [IP] about Insulin Pumpers

At 12:29 AM 5/3/2008, SMB wrote:
>I agree with Felix.  Also, if it hadn't been for the information on this web
>site and list I would never had stayed with pumping.   Not everyone has an
>easy time getting started and because of other complications it was very
>frustrating for me. The helpful members and the web site kept me going and
>now that I have almost 3 years pumping, I am very grateful.

I also agree.  When I first heard about insulin pumps I was having a
lot of difficulty controlling my diabetes and my lows.  I was getting
to the point of becoming housebound because of the many frequent lows
that I had.  I was referred to this site from a person in a Children
with Diabetes chat room and found a wealth of information about
insulin pumps and it helped me make my choice on the way to
proceed.  So many people here offer great suggestions on what to do
in different situations.  I know this is all YMMV, but I never got
suggestions like these at my doctor's office.  They all pretty much
go "by the book."

I've been a regular contributor here and also a volunteer.  IP has
been an important guide in my day to day diabetes survival.

RoseLea