Re: [IP] Ultra Mini with data port

RoseLea Wrote:
Yes, I found that info.  However, it says, "Excludes current users of
OneTouch Ultra Mini, OneTouch Ultra2, and OneTouch UltraSmart".  So,
does that mean if you have one of those meters, you can't exchange an
old Ultra for an Ultra2 or Mini?

Ricardo Responds:
I haven't called them yet, but the new model names are UltraMini,
Ultra2 and UltraSmart. The way I read it, you can't trade in one of
these meters or trade an old Ultra if you already have one of the new
models. They also say supplies are limited.  They must be just trying
to get new customers switched onto the new models. If you didn't send
in a warranty card, they may not know if you already have a new
model. Even easier would be if you tell them you are switching from
another BG manufacturer.

When I look at the pictures of the UltraSmart in the picture of the
offer, it is the updated model which does not look like my Ultra. It
says they will trade for a meter acquired before Jan. 1 2006, which
may be when they updated the Ultra. I have 2 old Ultras and a first
generation Mini (w/o data port) which they sent to me for free. I am
switching back to the LifeScan meter from Aviva, since the Animas
EZManager program does not support the Aviva.