Re: [IP] Diabetes Breakthrough?

 I totally agree with you on sticking fingers, I'm thankful to have a meter. I
remember when there were no meters and my mother using a glass reusable syringe
to give me my insulin.
  The needle/syringe had to be put in boiling water after each use to sterilize
it and you replaced it when the needle became really dull or you could afford to
replace it (in my parents case).
  The needles were about $200 a piece(according to my mother).
  One other thing, if you have a micro-chip implanted in your body, you can not
ever have an MRI done. The chip has metal in it, I know this because I was told
by my veterinarian, my Service Dog could never have an MRI if needed, due to her
micro-chip.
                           Lisa

RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to the
Please visit:

At 08:42 PM 5/1/2008, Wyldceltic1 wrote:
>Just an implantable chip like they do with pets, and this one is a
>CGMS chip. No minis, no DEX, no Navigator, just an external reader.
>Sensor reader looks huge and not a portable option for many.

Thanks, it wouldn't run in FireFox, but did in IE. So, I'm also
wondering how they get it out to replace it every 6
months? Personally, I'm tired of hearing all the whining about the
"pain" in poking fingers. IMO, there is so much more to complain
about with diabetes than a teeny finger-stick.

RoseLea