RE: [IP] RE: [IPn] about Insulin Pumpers

Hi Brad,

as someone who runs a not-so-small system himself, I'd be happy to
give general answers -- for details, wait for Michael's response.
Or better yet, ask for the financials that, I believe, 501(c)(3)s
are required to file in the US (not sure about the last).

 > If your 'staff' and moderators are volunteer,
 > at the most you should be paying $100 a year
 > for the servers and support that could run
 > a site and list serve like this.

You are kidding. Dedicated servers with reasonable bandwidth start
around $250 per month, not including things like software if you
opt for something that doesn't need tinkering. IP also pays for
packaging and shipping oodles of supplies, and then there are the
general costs of running an office, even a small one.

But Michael has one disadvantage, compared to you: He (and his
family) needs food. I am happy that IP has other sources of income
(I think member donations are more than half the total), because
living on less than $20k a year (before taxes) does not sound like
fun at all.

Cheers,
Felix.