RE: [IP] RE: Pump Kits

--- On Thu, 5/1/08, Joy L Wright <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Not pumping here yet, but still did find at least a partial
> solution to this
> problem. I have one of those small sharps containers at
> work, as well as a
> box of needles (I know, you guys don't need them
> anymore :O) and wipes, and
> a spare insulin pen in the fridge. I only carry my meter
> kit and my flexpen.

 Pumpers still need a syringe once in awhile. If you have unexplained high BGs
and aren't sure if it's the pump, your set, what you ate etc, it's often better
to use a syringe to correct just in case it is a faulty set or pump. I always
carry a few in my kit in my bag, and I also have a bag of syringes at work. I
have a sharps container at work, too!

 Sometimes I think I shouldn't bother carrying my plastic kit case around, at
least not back & forth to work. At work I have a large plastic case under my
desk that contains a bunch of sets, reservoirs, syringes, strips, Band Aids,
dressings and other odds & ends. I have two spare meters (Ultra Mini + Ultra2)
as well. The only thing I don't keep at work is extra insulin. We have one of
those teeny tiny cube fridges and sometimes it gets really cold. It's always
packed full and I keep yelling at my bosses to buy a bigger one, but they claim
we have no room for it. I'm thinking of buying my own mini fridge for my office.
I'd like to free up space in my backpack by leaving the kit at home.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987