[IP] question

In regards to the question:
 "Hello everyone, I have a question about the chance of passing on>diabetes to
my kids? I have type 1 diabetes and I have a two year>old child and want at
least one more child, but it seems quite a few>moms and dads with diabetes also
have children with diabetes? I was>told it wasn't very likely to pass it on to
our kids, but what are>the chances, and does anyone else worry about it, or is
it just me?>I am trying not to be paranoid, but I don't want my kids to
deal>with this if they don't have to!"

 One of the main reasons I will not have children was expressed above. I would
not want to pass this along to anyone else. I am a type 1 and have been since I
was 20 and under no circumstances would i take the chance. MY type of diabtess
can probbaly be traced back to my Grandfathers Amercian Indian Roots

 I applaud those who do and have either children without or even with Diabetes
as I am sure the children are a wonderfull blessing it is just something I
choose not to do. Tough question indeed.

EH