From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Julie A Blair
Sent: Tuesday, 30 May 2006 19:35
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Insurance - got to love them!

When insurance companies start impeding on my son's health, it really
upsets
me....  We have Aetna Insurance and they approved Adam's pump and paid
for
it.  In January we ordered our first order of supplies and what a time
it
was.  All of our prescription medicine is ordered through
ExpressScripts.  I
called them in January to order supplies - the reservoir and quick-set
and
they told me that they do not carry them and I would have to go through
Minimed.  I called Minimed and they shipped me the parts right away, no
money was needed on my end for they were going to submit directly to the

company.  I later received a denial from Aetna to pay for the parts and
when
I questioned this with Aetna, they stated I needed to go through
ExpressScripts...to make a long story short with this situation, nothing
was
resolved and I still owe Minimed over $500 and they haven't billed me
yet
(of course I am fighting this with my insurance company - why would they

approve the pump, but not the parts).  About a month ago, again I sent
the
prescription to ExpressScripts and after 10 or more days was told that
they
could not send the reservoir and quickset, I had to go through MiniMed.
Well... guess what, the two parts I had remaining failed and tonight I
sit
here with no quickset to insert into my son in order to provide him with

insulin, all because no one knows who is on first...!!!  I did call
Minimed
and they are going to ship to me next day upon Aetna approval, what this

means I don't know.... I need to call Aetna tomorrow... IN the meantime,

Adam's doctor stated he will need to have a corrective shot every four
hours
(ouch...).  What a mess, insurance companies, don't you love them!!!!!!!
If
I carried $500 in my checkbook every month I would pay for this expense
myself and forget about insurance!