[IP] Syringe Exchange

Well, Audrey, you were on the right track, but your logic is a bit
flawed.  Stealing candy doesn't transmit AIDS.  Sharing needles does.
Needle exchange is a program that's called "harm reduction".  I think
this is wayyyyy too off topic for this list, but I would advise your
sister to stop complaining about something she apparently does not
understand.  Use of medications that the body develops a need for is
called "dependence".  An uncontrolled use outside of normal medical
purposes is called addiction (loosely).  There's a big difference.
HUGE!  And yes, we should legalize all drugs, that way we wouldn't have
a drug problem any more.  The people who use judiciously would be able
to sustain themselves on whatever their drug of choice was, and the
people that couldn't control themselves would just burn out (die).

Antonio in LA
Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra
MiniMed Carelink and PAL software