  From: RoseLea
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 3:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [IP] question..

  At 01:19 PM 5/29/2006, Tanya Cook wrote:
  >Hello everyone, I have a question about the chance of passing on
  >diabetes to my kids? I have type 1 diabetes and I have a two year
  >old child and want at least one more child, but it seems quite a few
  >moms and dads with diabetes also have children with diabetes? I was
  >told it wasn't very likely to pass it on to our kids, but what are
  >the chances, and does anyone else worry about it, or is it just me?
  >I am trying not to be paranoid, but I don't want my kids to deal
  >with this if they don't have to!

  I have had Type 1 for 43 years.  My daughter is now almost 28 and, at
  this time, shows no signs of diabetes.  I have a sister who was
  diagnosed when she was four years old (I was 11.)  I have three
  brothers and two sisters.  Only other diabetes in my whole extended
  family is later onset Type 2, no other Type 1s.

  RoseLea