From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jim Skelton
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 1:25 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Visual scotoma during hypo

On the rare occasions when my glucose drops into the 30's I see a blacked
out irregular shaped area in the center of the visual field of each eye,
about the size of the hand at arms length. I am able to switch attention
between eyes, so I can see it there in each eye. My opthalmologist thinks it
is a central effect in the processing centers of the brain, but I think it
is more likely in the retina of each eye. If I wake up at night and see dark
spots visible against the dimly lit wall, I know my blood sugar is extremely
low before I even do a blood test.

Does anyone else expeerience such visual manifestations of blood sugar in
the 30's? .