Re: [IP] Any ideas for preventing the wasting of insulin

At 02:12 PM 5/12/06, you wrote:
>Thanks Sylvia, I will try that procedure for saving insulin.( 16Units! ) I
>had no idea it was that much, but that explains why the great increase.
>Thanks
>again. D

When I prime the longer (43") tubing I use only about 13 units.  I have a
Paradigm pump so I have no idea how other pumps' prime function works.  But
16 units in the 23" tubing sounds like an awful lot of insulin.

I don't worry about the insulin in the tubing, since I change it only every
10-12 days or so.  When I start a new reservoir/tubing I do use the last
bit of insulin in the old reservoir to prime the new tubing.  That way my
new reservoir is completely full when I put it in the pump.  I do a manual
prime of just a unit or so to make sure the piston is in position and I see
one drop of insulin come out of the end of the tubing.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987