[IP] Any ideas for preventing the wasting of insulin

Hey Pumpers,
I read some time back about someone who had a way to save insulin that is in
the tubing. I am wasting a lot of insulin because it is time to change the
 site, but not the reservoir; however, there is not enough in the reservoir to
use
but maybe one day or half a day. Because it is so much trouble to reuse, I am
tossing it. Now it is beginning to affect my ordering and pocketbook as I see
I am using almost 3T the amount of insulin I really need. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
Debbie